You are invited to Hack!
Pyze welcomes software developers, designers, and entrepreneurs for a coding marathon at Hack UCSC 2017. Join us for 4th annual hackathon at UC Santa Cruz
UC Santa Cruz will host its fourth annual hackathon, Hack UCSC 2017, from January 20 to 22 at Porter College. More than 1,000 students have already registered for this free hackathon. It is expected to be the biggest hackathon event.
“Best Mobile App” category
Pyze is sponsoring the “Best mobile app” category, along with Google and Microsoft sponsoring best use of APIs.
Sponsorships and prizes
Sponsored prizes will be awarded in a variety of categories, including
- Best mobile app (sponsored by Pyze),
- Best project by a UCSC graduate student (sponsored by the UCSC Division of Graduate Studies),
- Best use of the Sigma platform (sponsored by Sigma),
- Best use of the Microsoft API (sponsored by Microsoft),
- Best use of the App Engine API (sponsored by Google).
Pyze is also sponsoring the event
Pyze is also sponsoring the event. Notable event co-sponsors include:
- South Swell Ventures,
- Green Visor Capital,
- Red Bull,
- Soylent, and
Hack UCSC 2017 kicks off on Friday, January 20, at 9 p.m. with talks by Tomer Kagan and Ken Thompson.
- Thompson, the keynote speaker, is best known as co-inventor of the UNIX operating system, and he also invented the precursor to the C programming language.
- Kagan is the cofounder of search service Quixey and of the resume platform Sigma, a major sponsor of the hackathon.
Participants will be competing for prizes in two main categories:
- Innovation (judged on novelty, technical merit, commercial practicality, and design) and
- Tech Cares (judged on how the solution solves social and environmental issues, commercial practicality, and design).
At the closing ceremony on Sunday, January 22, the speakers will be UCSC Chancellor George Blumenthal and Bud Colligan, co-chair of the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership and founder and CEO of South Swell Ventures.
Learn more: http://www.hackucsc.com
Stop by at the Pyze booth to say hello and get your Pyze water bottle.
Eli Kirmayer is a software engineer at Pyze. He will be joined by Nick Wrenn, Prabhjot Singh and Dickey Singh in UC Santa Cruz.